- 1 cup apple butter
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Sauté the onion in a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil, medium heat. Cook till translucent.
- Add the garlic, cook for about a minute.
- Add everything together and put into a sauce pot on medium heat, stir.
- Before a boil begins, drop the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 min., stirring frequently.
- Take it off heat, let it cool for 30 minutes (unless you’re canning, of course).
- Store it however you wish. It should keep in the fridge for 30 days, in a freezer for longer, or just can it.
The next evening for dinner I put them in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. I would have loved to put these on the grill, but considering how good these pork chops were I know we will make them again very soon!
I went from having never tried Apple Butter before to now being hooked!!
I have a few more simple recipes to share with you later this week, but if you have some recipes using apple butter please share them in the comments!