If your baby is suffering from gas or is colicky, you probably want to look at the best baby for spit up to put a stop to this problem.
It’s true that it may be another thing causing the spit up.
A baby bottle is usually very helpful especially to mothers with babies who are still breastfeeding.
This is because such a bottle allows the baby to be fed more conveniently. The baby can be fed by another person even when the mother is not physically present.
The bottle also allows the baby to be fed with different nutritious types of liquids. There are many types of baby bottles available in the market.
Understanding the features of every bottle makes it easier to select the most suitable baby bottle to get.
In this short guide, you’ll find the features, advantages, disadvantages, and our top recommendations for babies with colic.
What to Consider When Buying the Best Baby Bottle for Spit Up
If your baby is prone to colic, you want to put that into consideration whenever you are buying new baby products.
Sometimes, a little idea and action are what you need to solve the colic in your baby. Other times, it’s more than just having an idea.
Most baby bottles are designed to accommodate babies of different weight and height, which is why only a few can be considered the best for a colicky baby.
As a result of this, it might be quite difficult to get the best one for a baby spitting up. Fortunately, this guide is going to help with that.
We have done the research and narrowed down to the bottles suitable for babies spitting up.
Here you go:
Our Top Recommendations to Prevent Spit Up
MAM Baby Bottles for Breastfed Babies
As part of the design of the base, there are some small holes in it that take out air and bubbles so that only milk goes into your baby’s mouth, therefore reducing colic, gas, and reflux.
As a result of this, babies using the bottle have lower chances of experiencing a spit up.
To make it easy for your baby to latch on to the bottle, the nipple is made with silicone and has a very soft texture.
Moreover, it comes in a moderate size to fit your little one’s mouth, therefore reducing bottle rejection.
This also helps in making the transition from breastfeeding to bottle feeding. These are also some of the best baby bottles for thickened formula.
- The main feature of these bottles is that they have skin soft nipples. These nipples usually mimic natural breastfeeding where the baby will not notice any difference.
- The bottles have enhanced anti-colic system which plays an important role in reducing gas, reflux, and colic.
- The bottles come in different sizes to give the buyers options to choose from.
- Made with superior materials
- Easy to clean
- Properly tested before being released into the market
- Do not cause any kind of reaction to the baby
- It comes with many components. This can make assembling the bottles a bit challenging.
2. Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Baby Bottle
This bottle’s design makes it easier to grip compared to other baby bottles.
You can hold it like a traditional baby bottle. Or for more convenience, cradled gently in your hand, while your baby sucks away.
And because it’s compact, you can grip it right from the base too. Go with whatever makes feeding possible in a natural position.
The anti-colic valve is actually a hole that’s wired around the nipple of the bottle. What it does is reduce the excessive inflow of air during feeding.
This cut’s down air flow so that only milk goes through to your little one’s stomach. This helps in reducing spit up as there is little to no bubbles/air in your baby’s mouth.
- This bottle is designed in a way that it has an extra slow flow which makes it suitable even for newborn babies. It has a nipple that is shaped and feels like a real breast.
- It also has anti-colic properties which ensure that there are no gas bubbles inside the bottle.
- The bottle is BPA-free which makes it safe for children.
- Feels and looks like a natural breast
- Convenient to hold
- There are different flow rates which can be adjusted
- The bottle is available in different size
- Can easily break under pressure
3. Munchkin Latch Transition Cup
The bottle come with an attractive handle that’s designed to help little babies hold on to the bottles themselves when feeding.
Then it’s removable so you can drop it when your baby grows…and reduce distractions for a concentrated feeding experience.
Transitioning with this bottle is straightforward and easy. And that’s leagues ahead of many other bottles.
As your baby grows, you may want to transition to a sippy cup. Fortunately, the Munchkin Latch Transition Cup makes it easy.
It comes with the sippy cup style and design so that you can easily transition to a cup as your baby advances above eating from a bottle.
- This four-ounce baby bottle has a unique design which makes it look elegant.
- It comes with an ergonomic handle which is removable for easier holding.
- It also has a snug fit lid and it is BPA free.
- The transition cup has a soft silicone spout which is comfortable on the mouth of the baby.
- It also has an anti-colic valve which plays the role of reducing fussiness and gas.
- The spout is flexible
- Can be held comfortably by the baby because of the soft handle
- Easy to open and clean
- Made using top quality materials
- The detachable handle can become loose after using it for sometime
Final Words on the Best Baby Bottle for Spit Up
You have to understand that not all baby bottles can be used with a baby that’s spitting up and you cannot trust the manufacturer’s marketing claims completely.
This is why it’s essential that you conduct your own research until you are sure about a particular bottle.
After that, you need to check what other mamas are saying about the bottle – how it helps them and their baby – and if it’ll be a good fit for you and your baby too.
Now that you know the best baby for spit up, you just need to choose the one that suits your criteria.