Looking for the best breast pump to induce lactation? You are on the right page!
The best thing that you can do for your newborn baby is to feed him or her breast milk, as often as they are hungry, for 6 months to a year or more if you can.
The benefits of breast milk are found to be amazing.
And so far not reproducible artificially in formula feed…no matter how much you buy.
Giving your baby breast milk for the first two years of its life is important for its growth, health and development and immunity to diseases and sickness.
Breast pumps are every new mother’s miracle device which makes breastfeeding easier and convenient.
The right breast pump can be a trusted and handy tool. It makes sure your baby gets breast milk often and as much as is required.
And allow other family members, like dads and grandparents to feed your baby if you wish by using bottles.
As much as the variety of breast pumps available, most mothers often found it confusing.
For that, this guide provides information and product details for some of the most popular brands of breast pumps for inducing lactation.
It is now easier to review product features, compare price details and finally be able to choose confidently the breast pump satisfying the needs of you as a new or experienced mom.
It is a good idea for mothers to start browsing and obtaining information about the different brands of breast pumps before the baby is born.
Having said that, here are our recommendations:
Best Breast Pump to Induce Lactation in 2019
1. Medela Pump in Style Advanced with On the Go Tote
But you need to return to work soon, and you know that your baby needs your breastmilk for as long as possible.
You also know you need to depend on your new breast pump frequently and for as long as possible.
And, since your job is demanding, you need a pump that’s reliable and efficient.
The Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump is an electric breast pump which was designed based on research and proven in hospitals.
Each “PIS” Breast pump has 2-Phase Expression Technology which produces more milk in a less amount of time when it’s operating at Maximum Comfort Vacuum.
It was designed to replicate a baby’s natural suckling.
The two phases consist of the Stimulation phase, which has a slight but quick suckling action that begins the flow of milk (also called let-down).
And the Expression phase, when a slower vacuum is created to efficiently, but gently, express more milk faster.
It used to be that you could only get this kind of technology in a hospital-grade pump, but it’s now available in this breast pump that’s used for personal purposes.
Other Advantages of the Breast Pump
The Pump In Style Advanced Breastpump has many other advantages.
A Battery Pak is included so that you’re able to pump anywhere. All you need are eight AA batteries.
And you can be assured that all the pump’s parts that come into contact with your breastmilk are free from both BPA and DEHP.
Other items included in the pump are:
- A cooler carrier
- 4 collection containers (each with lids)
- Two 24mm PersonalFit Breastshields
- A Breastfeeding Information Guide (aren’t you surprised at how much there is to learn about breastfeeding?),
- Two valves
- Four membranes and a cooling element (see Medela.com for important information on breastmilk storage under the “Pumping” section).
- The Medela Advanced Pump is a dual electric breast pump that has been loved by mothers all over ever since it was introduced.
- It comes with a tote bag which makes it easy for moms to carry the pump wherever they go and that too in style.
- In the tote bag, you will get the breast pump which has a two-phase expression technology, an integrated motor unit, and a single touch letdown button.
- Also, it includes a portable battery pack, contoured ice pack, breast milk bottles along with lids, and removable cooler bag.
- It has a fast pumping speed
- Is easy to use
- Is portable and non-toxic
- Offers great milk expression
- It is not very cheap, but considering the work it does, it is worth it.
2. Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump (Varied Options And Convenience)
As a new mom, you have enough to do, so you need items to operate simply and easily.
The Purely Yours Breast Pump with Backpack is for the mom who has to return to work or is always on the go, with the added convenience of light-weight portability.
Fortunately, this breast pump only weighs one pound!
This pump is driven by pistons for durable reliability and hospital-grade technology. Plus, it has all the user-friendly features that mom’s need.
You can adjust both the cycle and suction, whichever is most comfortable for you. Since it’s a double electric breast pump, it’s quick, easy and efficient.
It simply allows you to do everything you need to do and still save time. The breast pump’s unique design doesn’t allow milk to get into the tubing, which is another great time saver.
Also included with the breast pump backpack design is the Ameda HygieniKit Milk Collection System. Which is, of course, free of BPA.
It has a patented design that uses a silicone diaphragm so that breastmilk won’t enter the tubing. Not having to clean the tubing is another great time saver.
The HygieniKit is preassembled as well as sterile, so you’re good to go. And, after cleaning, is easy to reassemble.
Bonus – it fits all of the Ameda electric breast pumps.
Also included with the backpack is the Cool ‘N Carry Tote. This tote includes three cooling elements, a Milk Storage Guide magnet to remind you of the precautions that will keep your breastmilk safe and sanitary, and six 4-ounce bottles with lids, so you can store your breastmilk in whatever size your baby eats at one sitting.
And other features:
Your breast pump operates three different ways. With an electrical adapter, a 12-volt car adapter (each is included in the backpack) and it can also run on AA batteries!
Some of the great accessories that are included are two cotton breast pads. And a Manual Breast Pump handle assembly, which can convert one the breast pumps in case of emergency.
Last, but certainly not least, is the backpack itself. Not only is it light-weight, but it’s made of long-lasting microfibers.
3. Philips Avent Double Electric Comfort Breast Pump
From using a manual breast pump to single or double electric ones, every mother needs to determine early on what their needs will be and which product can fulfill them.
Manual breast pumps are best for mothers who need to pump only infrequently when they are away for a single feeding or work part-time and to have controlled the expression of milk.
There is a wide range of different pumps available in this category.
Electric breast pumps, on the other hand, are advisable for mothers who need to breastfeed frequently or daily who will be away from their baby most of the day.
Almost all brands offer breast pumps in both the categories of manual and electric pumps. And the Philips Avent Breast Pump falls in between these two.
Knowing what you want and what will make breastfeeding a truly wonderful experience for the child and the mother can greatly ease the breast pump search for mothers.
Features of the Philips Avent Breast Pump
- The Philips Avent breast pump saves you time by allowing you to pump from both the breasts at the same time and that too just by the touch of a single button.
- It comes with three flow setting which does the work for you while you just relax.
- Unlike many other pumps that require you to lean forward when pumping, the Philips pumps let you sit upright and pumps milk while you relax.
- The design is uncomplicated and has 3 expression pump setting and you can select the one that works best for you.
- It is lightweight and gentle
- Allows you to sit comfortably when using it
- It is a closed system.
- It does make noise
- Offers low suction pressure
Final Words on the Best Breast Pump for Inducing Lactation
By now, you should have gotten a model that suits your needs. Remember you don’t have to choose the most expensive one.
As long as you know a pump will satisfy you and your baby’s need, then you should go for it.
In addition, BMONTG provides information and gives details of products offered for breast pumping along with their accessories.
You can browse through product details on all the major breast pump brands, compare their popularity, review their most desirable features and determine their worth through the price details.
All the aspects for choosing the right breast pump for yourself and your baby are right here at one place.
We hope that with this information, you’ll find the best breast pump for inducing lactation…